After several rainy days last week, this past weekend was gorgeous, and I spent several lovely hours reading in the great outdoors while camping in southern Maryland. However, the reddening leaves and the cool nights reminded me that my favorite season is upon us, and I can’t think of a better way to celebrate fall than by having a reading challenge!
“Fall into Reading” was created by Katrina over at Callapidder Days as a fun, low-pressure reading challenge open to anyone and everyone. It will take place from September 22 to December 20, 2010, and the rules are simple:
* Make a list of books you want to read (or finish reading) this fall. Your list can be as long or as short as you’d like. (Also, feel free to modify your list during the challenge if it’s not working for you.)
* Write a blog post containing your list and submit it to this post using the Mr. Linky.
* Get reading! The challenge goes from today, September 22nd, through December 20th.
* Check out other participants’ lists and add to your own to-read-someday pile!
* Write a post about your challenge experience in December, telling us all about whether you reached your goals and how Fall Into Reading went for you. But remember: this is a low-pressure challenge that should be fun. As long as you do some reading this fall (and enjoy it!), that’s good enough for me.
Because I am addicted to Goodreads, I’ve created a list that I’ve also copied below. If you’d like, you can vote on my list (I’ll be monitoring it to see what you’d like me to read and review), or you could create your own.
But without further ado… my list!
Categories: Challenges, On Writing
Leave a Reply